Friday, August 19, 2011

7 Celebrity Diva Alter Egos


If only life were as easy as chalking up all of our bad behavior and terrible career moves to an alter ego. Well, here are 7 celebs who have done just that:

Beyonce: Sasha Fierce. Beyonce says Sasha is "this alter ego that I've created that kind of protects me and who I really am."

Christina Aguilera: Xtina. In 2002, Christina Aguilera really came out of her shell. And everything else she was wearing. She released her album, Stripped and began to refer to herself as Xtina. Since then, Xtina has reigned supreme.

Mariah Carey: Mimi. Mariah's tenth studio album was titled The Emancipation of Mimi, and Mariah revealed that the name Mimi was a nickname her close friends and family call her. Carey said, "This is the fun side, the real me, and not the image and the baggage that comes with the whole 'Mariah Carey' thing."

So I guess technically, it's a reverse alter ego.

Eminem: Slim Shady. Turns out Eminem is a great guy and all this controversial sh-t was some dude named Slim Shady's fault. Eminem says of Shady: "Slim Shady is just the evil thoughts that come into my head. Things I shouldn't be thinking about. Not to be gimmicky, but people should be able to determine when I'm serious and when I'm not. That's why a lot of my songs are funny. I got a warped sense of humor I guess." This shady guy's a real jerk!

Jennifer Lopez: Lola. When J.Lo released her latest album, Love?, she created an alter ego for herself named Lola. The singer introduced her via Twitter:

"Lola here. What's my deal? Well, wouldn’t you like to know…"

Let me guess, just another sassy diva alter ego.

Courtney Love: Cherry Kookoo. As the most uninhibited person on the planet, I have no idea why Courtney Love needs an alter ego, but apparently, she has one. Love wrote on her blog:

"just want to hank allyou supportive lovely people and thank you for putting up with my kookoo bananas alter ego should; we give her a name?
shoudl we give my alter ego a name? hmnmmmm Cherry! “Cherry kookoo” so if /when im overcome and blog again wich i wont do i took a picture of a friend looking at me rather sternly to remind me not to- well know it was Cherry Kookoo, but i think I’ve killed her off." 

Dear god.

Garth Brooks: Chris Gaines. Remember when Garth Brooks went from down home country star to wannabe badass? Jesus, that was scary. It was like he was mad at everyone for ironically singing, "Friends In Low Places" at karaoke, so he wanted to punish us. Chris Gaines was actually a way for Brooks to transition into rock. That worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment