Monday, September 5, 2011

Interview with Goldie Iyamu... Designer of the Month!

Goldie Iyamu
Julez: Goodday Sir, Introduce yourself

Goldie: Am Goldie Iyamu*smiling*a sophomore year student of covenant university nd also a designer

Julez: Ok... How old are you and what course do you major in?

Goldie: Emm..*do u rily want 2 know my age?*well am 17(feb 16 1994)proud aquarian nd yeah Business administration

Julez: Business Administration... That's a good course, how do you combine your school work with fashion and designing?

Goldie: Yes it is..I obviously picked it because apart 4rm designing I also have 2 b friends with the business aspect.ahn..NA God ooo !well its jux all about u knowing how 2 balance yo time.no wen 2 design and wen 2 Read

Julez: Hmmmm... Which practically means you know how to plan your time. Right?

Gemaq Logo
Goldie: Obviously!

Julez: Cool... Ok so what's the name of your clothing line?

Goldie: Cooler!*dntmindmeo*emm..wotz d name again*tinking*its Gem oh english is hard!Gemaq!

Julez: Gemaq, that name seems technical, how did you get that name?


Goldie: Technical?lool..its nt johr!u know its owned by 2persons so we used our zodiac signs!hez Gemini nd am AQuarius.a proud 1 @ dat!shoutout 2 Henry uduku my partner nd my bdaymates(funfere koroye nd ralph Ogah)

Julez: Ok... Wow so you're not alone. Good decision... So are you guys like Dolce and Gabbana?

Goldie: Ahn!emm..NOO O am nt Gay ooo*ididntsayanytinsha*buh yh its a partnership!by God's grace we will b bigger dan D&G

Julez: Yup... Dream Big! Ok so what's your inspiration. Where do you get your designs from?

Goldie: 4rm anytin o!nature!well divine intervention tho!

Julez: Divine intervention huh? So ur a spiritual man?

Goldie: Lmao!am a christian ooo!I Go 2 church,pray 2 God nd all!so if u say am a spiritual man!its all Good.

Julez: K... So I think we'll like to know some personal things... Are you single or hooked?

Goldie: Emmm..its complicated*likefacebook*buh ohk am SINGLE

Julez: Hmmm... But rumour has it that there's someone you're into. So we would like you to tell us a little about her

Goldie: Ehen rumour mongers ooo!emm am single oo nd I'd appreciate it if we keep my private life out of this.buh u can hook me up wit any any elegant ms

Julez: Ok so you like your private life private. Then you have much work to do o cos we have lots of paparazzi around. Anyways what's your view n life?

Goldie: Private life private!lmao paparazzi!well its okay!my view in life?I dnt get that

Julez: What is life to you? How do you see life from your perspective, past and present experiences?

Goldie: Well!first of all we should thank God!life!life !I see life in a really different perspective.I live a merry life,I live like there's no tomorrow.you don't know when God will call u..so u gotta live life 2 d fullest and yeah Life is short.I alwayz sha in my own little way 2 help pple in need bcos its also part of life.Life is really complex

Julez: Ok enough of your private life, let's go back to fashion/designing. After a research I conducted recently, I discovered that designers today don't have creative minds anymore. All they do is copy. What do u have to say about this?

Goldie: Well its true!I sincerely agree with you.u know majority of these new lines springing up is all about money making.just like pple wit no fashion sense having boutiques.some pple dt no nada about fashion,abot designing and all just jump into it just 2 make money.its nolonger bcos u have passion its now Because u r broke and you need money or because u need a business.I seriouly don't see d lines like that standing d test of time or staying long(the life span is not guaranteed).

Julez: I know your's would stand the test of time. Is fashion your passion?

Goldie: Yes!by God's grace.yes I have a passion for fashion*ilikehowthatsounds*

Julez: Cool so what kinda clothes do you make shirts, trousers, traditionalz. What's ur area of specialization


Goldie: Am into streetwear(teeshirts),coperate nd urban afrique

Julez: Ok we all know that there are world class designers everywhere yah. So what makes your clothes unique. What is that distinctive factor that would make someone pick your clothes over others.

Goldie: We make unique stuffs.we don't copy what others have done.we v creative,so we come up wit out of d Box ideas.

Goldie and Henry
Julez: Aite... So tell us a little about your partner

Goldie: Business partner!U shud alwaiz add business cos d partner sounds funny.lol.hez name is Henry uduku,hez Gemini nd we got d Gem from him.hez also a sophomore year student of same university and funny we r coursemates too.Hez a great friend nd business partner.creative and we kinda think in same way.

Julez: Wow... You people have so much in common which is good anyway cos It helps with communication. So what advice would you want to throw out to d public?

Goldie: Follow your heart.dtz those r d right words.I didn't Go into fashion for money or because I want 2 gain popularity.I want in because of passion.so in everything u do in life..go in Bcause of the passion and not for money.also know your strength

Julez: Any shout outs before we conclude?

Goldie: Plenty oo!shoutout 2 God,my parents,my sistas,agho ekhator,henry uduku,yomah,busayo solomon,oyinda oludipe,kunle summon,ekpes etiebet,lola idahagbon,johnson babajide,ralph Ogah,funfere koroye,henry edeh nd hs wify ima Ekpo,irven nd all my fwends,acquitances and clients una too much buh I love y'all

Julez: Omo you know people o. Anyways that how the world of fashion goes. So when should we be expecting Gemaq's collection?

Goldie: Jux keep yo fingerz crossed!lool...december we should b do a proper launch of Gemaq nd launch 2 teelines.plix permit me 2 do a special shoutout 2 my coz HASHIM OKUNBOR ...omo hez a Boss nigga o!wenever I hav any lil propblem..hez the first person I run 2 nd its alwaiz solved.I love ya much bro#nohomo nd tankx 4 all nd 2 Funfere Koroye my bday mate nd my mentor..He made me tighten my belt.hez a Boss.I Love u bro nd tankx 4 everything

Plus Size Modelling
Julez: Coolies we've got our eyes on ýou. We hope to see more of you on tv, and magazines and probably walk d runway.

Goldie: Lol..issorai.by God's grace oooo!yh u mean me on d runway?lol..definately haf got a thing 4 modelling nd yh as a plussize model.lol.

Julez: Lol @ plussize model... And I'll like to formally thank for your time with us. This is Hauz.Ov.Julez' first interview and behold it was a great success, thanks to you.

Goldie: Ahn..thank you 2 cos ds is also my first interview.hauz of julez God will make u bigger!buh wait o u b no wan finish sha?lol

Julez: Lmao... Amen o. Thanks. Naw we've cme to the end of the interview. My people make sure you're on the look out for Gemaq o. I'm anticipating hot stuffs.

Goldie: Yes ooo


Contact Info: 
Facebook: Goldie Iyamu (Gio Yawe-Iyamu)
Twitter: @ITZBLACPRIINCE
BB Pin: 23B67250
Email Addy: goldieblingswag@gmail.com


Some of Gemaq Designs: 













Goldie Iyamu

No comments:

Post a Comment